CWC - Who We Are
CWC Mission: Providing life-saving shelter and support to individuals and families in Adams County.
Community of Faith United (COFU) along with a collaboration of churches provides life-saving emergency shelter each winter. This program is called Cold Weather Care (CWC).
A recent study conducted by Metro Denver Homeless Initiative counted 2,500 homeless individuals in Adams County. Currently, Adams County has only 60 shelter beds year round. During the cold weather months, CWC is able to add an additional 20 beds.
CWC is the only shelter in the county that serves both single adults and families while providing intensive case management for all guests.
CWC's goal is not simply to shelter the homeless for one more day, but more importantly to provide a path to self-sufficiency for persons experiencing homelessness through case management and community support.
2012-2103 Season Highlights:
- 389 program volunteers donating over 6,000 hours to the CWC program.
- Housed 51 guests, providing a total of 1,160 nights of shelter.
- At the end of the 2012-2013 season 60% of individual guests left the program into stable housing.
2013-2014 Season Highlights
- 443 program volunteers donating over 12,000 hours to the CWC program.
- Housed 69 guests, providing a total of 2,445 nights of shelter.
- At the end of the 2013-2014 season 64% of individual guests left the program into stable housing.